Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dec 22, 2015 update

Elder Reed said "I want to let you all know that I very much wish you all a Merry Christmas/Feliz Navidad and a happy New Year/Feliz Año Nuevo!" :)

He also shared this miracle that happened: "My miracle this week comes from my experience as a District Leader. My companion and I were ending the day and I needed the info about what we were to do on Monday and Tuesday so we stopped at the edge of the signal range and started to make calls... but nobody answered! We decided to wait for 20 minutes, but nobody called back in that time either! We started heading back to the room, where there isn´t signal, when I got a call from the zone leaders. At the same time I got a call from the other area in my district. I finished with the zone leader´s call and started to call the other area when we went completely out of range. We decided to go to the 3rd floor of the church to find signal again AND IT WAS OPEN!!!! WOW that was cool! When we went up to the 3rd floor though, there still wasn´t a signal. I tried turning on and off the cell like normal and waiting a bit, but as 9pm was drawing nigh I was getting desperate and so I said a prayer asking for the signal to make just 1 call! I finished the prayer and looked up to see that we still didn´t have signal. I then remembered that faith requires action, that without action faith means nothing, and so I decided to try calling one more time. The cell wouldn´t let me call, but when it finished telling me so I had full signal strength! I am so glad I don´t need big miracles that slap me back and forth across the face to know that Father loves me, hears and answers my prayers!"

the District eating at a Chinese restaurant :)


Elder Reed tries his skills at creative photo taking.

Elder Reed shared that his companion finished his mission, so he (Elder Reed) was in a companionship of three for a few days. He said that was a little bit of a different experience because they have such a large area. He also got to go back to the CCM for a day to get a new companion. He said that he had to travel for a whole day and he didn't like feeling like he wasn't doing much at all. [I guess he's used to working hard!]

Elder Reed also said that his last interview with President Boswell went well and he really loves talking with him. [ They have regular interviews with the mission president. ] 

Again, he wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)