Sunday, November 1, 2015

Oct. 20th, 2015 update

[This update was a day later than usual because they needed to switch days this week. Here are some pictures.]

"The newest missionary in the world! Elder Maldonado from San Borja. He has been my faithful companion of the ward for 5 months" - he left just shortly after this picture was taken to enter the CCM in Peru (missionary training center) and begin his own mission! :)

Elder Reed really needed a haircut! Lol

A singing, floating, egg timer :)
Some of Elder Reed's letter: "The first week as trainer was hard, but this week I had an [exchange] of companions for a day and I got a refresher course of what I should be looking for: the constant guide of the Spirit and not my own knowledge of the area. Once I realized what I could be doing better, I started to realize just how blessed I really was and just how much the Spirit of the Lord guided Elder Chavez and I in finding "new" less-actives and even new people to teach!

I also found out some pretty cool stuff this week: 1) Elder Chavez knows how to cut hair (as do I) so he can spot check me if I mess up, 2) he and I have almost 1 year difference [to the day for our mission start date], 3) a great friend of mine from here in San Borja leaves his home and enters the CCM here in Peru TODAY and thus starts his mission!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!  Sincerely,  Elder Reed"