Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Jan. 5th, 2015 update

It's a new year! Time is flying by! This week, Elder Reed's update has some pictures and included a letter to family (which I will share parts of) - 

"WOO HOO! 2 months in the field! I've included my weekly letter, pics of the pday we had this past week, at los dunes, the dunes, which were sooooooooo cool and steep and dry and sandy and hot and tall! I also included pics of my foot and of the Package Mom sent!!! THANKS MOM IT WAS GREAT! I also found in the package of sweedins fish a double fish! CRAZY! Thanks for all your love and support!
Love Elder Reed,      :)"

[I had included Swedish Fish in the package to Elder Reed, because I know he loves them!]

He also shared some other thoughts: "This week, I learned a couple of things: 1) I can be an effective missionary in this field - we got a visit from the traveling missionaries and I discovered I can do a ton more than I gave myself credit for; 2) the gift of tongues is real, and it is powerful!..... I now have 2 months in the field and 3.5 in total - time passes quickly when you're having fun! (AND working hard!)  For Christmas & the New Year, we practically didn't sleep! These people have no idea of what it means to have personal music in their own houses that can't be heard for 3 blocks! And the fireworks. They NEVER stop using them, but during the holidays" .... it's even worse. He finished by saying, Happy New Year in Spanish, which I'm not sure how to type on the blog yet. :) Something to learn!