Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 19th, 2015 update

Hello again! This week, Elder Reed shared a family letter and I was able to do some "real-time" emailing - I am so grateful for technology!

Here are some items from his letter: "Wow, what a week. Fast and very sunny. This week my pensionista made pancakes or crepes and had strawberry jam! WOW! 4 months and they are/were HEAVENLY. [I think he's talking about the crepes/pancakes and his Mission... Ha ha.]

Our p-day in Santa Anita was also very, very cool. I have included a few pictures of a bridge that we had to use in order to get to where we wanted to go. We also had to pass over about 10 lanes of jammed traffic for all the toll booths! They're everywhere!

This week was also pretty difficult, as some problems arose in the lives of those of our area. I hope and I know that everything will be ok in the end."

Elder Reed then thanked many people for their letters and cards! Thanks for supporting him! He finished his letter with the following: "Found a bug eating through the binding of one of my Journals this morning.... gross. [He then explained vaguely how he'd taken care of it... this is a reminder to ask him about it when he gets home! :) Lol] We just had Surco Stake Conference with Elder Godoy of the 70. He looks very familiar, but I've never seen him before now. Weird.   Love you all and wish the best for all, Elder "Michael" Reed"

During our emails back and forth, I asked him how the language is coming along. He said that he does great and that he can understand everything until they start talking for a very long time, then he starts having trouble. I'm sure it's a work-in-progress. :) Until next week, enjoy the pictures and remember to keep trying to do the right thing - you will be blessed!