Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nov. 4th, 2014 update - in the field!

Elder Reed sent an email last night - he is officially in the field! It was a short, sweet email. :)

"I just thought i would tell you that I am safe here in Lima con Elder Puma (apperantly the best companion ever!!!) and I am in Los Sauces! I am humbled by the living conditions of those around me and I am very grateful I have the opportunity to live around them!

I would just like to remind you all again that I am very grateful for all your examples and that i cant wait to get to work! (In the taxi ride to my area, my compañero helped to spread the gospel to the driver and he was referred to missionaries in another area!

Hope you are all well, my next pday is ... en el campo. 
Nos vemos (google translate that...),
Elder Reed "

Looks like he is doing well! Los Sauces, from what I could find, seems to be in the southern part of the city of Lima. "Nos vemos" means, roughly translated, "I'll be seeing you!" So, until the next update, remember to count your blessings! They come in all sizes!