Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March 2, 2015 update

E. Moreyra


Mosiah 2:23-24
Elder Reed shared this week that time continues to fly by! He said that he recommends "Ephraim's Rescue" as a great video to see - it's a Church video that is well worth the time to find. [I will be looking for that one soon!]

Elder Reed said that it was a great week, in part, because of interviews with his mission president, Presidente Boswell. He shared his great love for him and his wife, and the help they are to the missionaries in the Peru Lima East Mission. I will put some of what he wrote here:

"Generally, interviews of any kind would scare me, but I am proud to say that I am actually sweating with anticipation to get into the room to speak to Presidente. What do you think would be the first question he would ask? "Do you think that I could see your planner?" (No, but mine's good :) ) "Is there anything in your conduct that you feel you need to tell me?" (No, but he keeps reassuring me that I am a great example for my companions without even realizing it :) ) 

The first thing he asks me is "Hey Elder Reed, what do you want to talk about today?" My interviews with him are always chill. I love the way that the Lord blesses His children (especially His missionaries) with one of the strictest missions in the world with one of the most spiritually and emotionally receptive mission presidents."

Elder Reed also stated that "Hma [Hermana] Boswell ... is just about the best replacement mom I could've been blessed with. Actually, they are the best parents FOR A MISSION that I know. That doesn't by any means signify that I've given up on my actual parents. :)  My family, for 2 years, IS EVER E..X..P..A..N...D....I.....N.......G!" [How true this is, as we reach out to more people, we realize that we are all brothers and sisters, all part of the same family!]

Elder Reed shared a spiritual thought/scripture, which I will share here and you can look up. Ecclesiastes 5:4-5 and Doctrine & Covenants 82:10

Elder Reed finished his letter by also adding a "non-spiritual thought". "What is the laziest animal in the world? ...... The fish because it does nada! :) (Nada in this sense is "it swims")" 

Elder Reed also shares his love and gratitude to everyone for their continued love and support and prayers - thank you!