Monday, December 8, 2014

Dec. 8th, 2014 post - Ups and Downs of Missionary life

Here is Elder Reed's update for this week:

"This is my weekly report!

This week was possibly the fastest in human history! I cant even begin to express how quickly it passed!

This week though, we had to ax one menos activo, had the ONE INVESTIGATOR with a baptismal date back down (possibly until the new year... which by the way doesnt seem right because everything own here is so warm and sunny!), and we were informed that one of the members... and a personal friend of my companionship... decided to hand in a letter for his resignation from the church!!! Man, what a sad week! 

I will just say this for all... my mission president is the absolute best I could have asked for!!!

I would like to thank Aunt Bonnie, Tamara, and Grandma for their letters I recieved this week (from Nov. 15) and today I was told that a (metric) [HUGE] load ;) of letters has arrived for me this next ReuniĆ³n de Distrito (tomorrow!). 

FHE is very important! I advise all my siblings to help Mom with making this a regular thing! 

Thanks!
Elder Reed... with a whole lotta love!!!"

He is VERY excited to get all the mail! :) Elder Reed shared a joke from his Pensionista as well: "after no shave november comes no shape december!" ;)  

He is excited about his service to the Lord! As a side note, he is entering Summer in Peru, so this will be quite a change from last year's winter-time weather! :)  He sent a few photos also (they are in Spanish - try your luck at translating!) --


This is the Spanish version of the Book of Mormon Chronology. :)



I am so grateful for Elder Reed and his service, even when things don't always go as we want them to. Heavenly Father is in charge of this great work! He loves each and every one of us!

Until next time, enjoy and remember the blessings all around you!