Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dec. 22nd, 2014 - two weeks worth of updates

Hello everyone! Merry Christmas from the Reed family! I apologize for not posting last week's update until today - this has been a tremendously hectic time lately! I will add it today!

From the previous week, Elder Reed shared these thoughts: "My incredible load of mail came... no package, but I recieved 20 letters from the ones I LOVE!!!

This week marks the end of my first cambio/transfer cycle! I also have some questions to answer: to grandma- I dont know just how the water is pumped to all these people... i guess it is from the ocean, and yes, it smelled aweful here my first few days here, but I cant smell any of it anymore!

Aunt bonnie- All of my teachers and companions were great!!! I truely loved each and every one of them!

Mom- I cant remember if you had any questions...  [which I did, but that's ok! Lol!]

I would like to let you all know though that the Lord truely does answer your prayers and that He really does know what you want! (I wanted a pizza and chocolate here in the field and we had a buffett of pizza for my District Leader because he leaves tomorrow and my comp had chocolate sent to him from his parents to share!)

Know that the Lord LOVES you and hears and answers EVERY prayer! Most of all: LOVE those around you! they might not say it, but there is always somebody who needs your help!

Elder Reed

P.S. You can now officially continue to send mail the normal way if you wish! It will come eventually! (I recieved mail sent before my mission 86 days into my mission!!!!!)"

Yay for mail!! :)

From this week: "This, like all the other weeks went by really fast!

I met Elder Maxwell [an Elder serving in his mission - we have followed his blog as well] at a meeting for those in training and for their trainers... Elder Maxwell is a trainer (capacitador) and guess what. He is exactly the same height as I am! So those pictures of him towering over those Peruvians (Peruanas) is just about the right size for me to! 

I attached a letter I wrote this morning and a pic of the letter I recieved this week. THANKS Grandma! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE hearing about the mundane, normal stuff you guys do while I am here!

I have some info that you all would like to hear. There is a pretty safe way to send packages, but it is kinda expensive.   .   .   . You need to search the name "Venessa" followed by "Inca Envios" in google. It is a service provided to missionaries and their families that is more trustworthy than SERPost... which I dont have in my area... it is 2 ward boundary areas away! 

Thanks!!!
Elder Reed

This pics are of my pensionistos in their home, my apartment, which is the biggest in the mission (i believe), and one of me! Plus a letter I wrote this morning... which i hope you can all read! [There's] Elder Puma, me, Hmo. P. and Hma. P. (my pensionista!) SHE AND HER HUSBAND ARE INCREDIBLY FUNNY!...once I could understand more or less what was going on!"  :)









Enjoy and Happy Holidays! Feel free to write Elder Reed through DearElder.com, or at the address listed at the right. All missionaries are supported by our small efforts! :)